September 8, 2010

He said, She said.

As most of you are well aware by this point, my interest in home design and fashion borders on the verge of obsession. I have found a great outlet to explore these interests in the form of blogs, especially as conversations with the less than interested husband often leave me wanting. When Andrei and I fail to see eye to eye on matters of fashion and home design, I find that his perspective and opinions are often truly hilarious, even when he fails to see that my opinion is of course, the "right" one. Alas, I did not marry a gay man...

It seems I am not alone in this aspect of "marital bliss," Alison of My Little Happy Place has a hilarious feature, called "He said, She said." As you may guess from the title, basically she shares home design images with her husband and records their respective reactions to each image. I encourage you to check it out, well worth a few laughs. But I digress...

Recently Andrei picked up an issue of Elle he found lying around our bedroom. Casually flipping through the pages he stumbled across this Chanel ad, and so began our version of "He said, She said."
Andrei: Beautiful.
Matty: er, um...
Andrei: These images are going straight onto the man repeller.
Matty: Yea, seriously, I just dont get it.

And so it seems, Andrei and I have agreed on one thing, the Chanel Fall 2010 collection is simply atrocious, or maybe to be fair, we simply just do not get the appeal of fur covered everything living in the tropics. In the ultimate ironic twist of fate, images from this collection have made their way into the header of the man repeller blog.

For the record, this does not mean that I no longer covet the fabulous $3000 white quilt Chanel purse. Its a classic. Yes, I am living as an unpaid student intern in one of the poorest countries of the world and longing for a $3000 purse. And so it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment